Not just “greenwashing,” Bamco’s commitment to the environment is a way of life. With funding from the Ontario Government, in 2010 Bamco developed and launched the first water-based, truly VOC (Volatile Organic Compound)–free finish in North America. See Marz Homes’ video of Bamco’s green manufacturing process on our Media page.
Our Clean Air Kitchen®
Traditional oil-based stains and lacquers contain formaldehyde, a suspected carcinogen, which becomes a gas at normal room temperatures. When cabinets are installed, the gas can be released for extended periods of time impacting air quality and possibly your health.
Bamco’s Clean Air Kitchen® lets you breathe easy, with the greenest and most environmentally friendly finishes in the industry. All our stains, paints, top coats are CARB compliant and low VOC.
To complement our own sustainable products, we continue to work with suppliers to ensure that they provide components that meet the highest green standards. All of our hardware is made from 100% recycled content and is recyclable. We use CARB Compliant Low VOC particle board and FSC-certified wood.
We’re committed to:
- Manufacturing all of our products using the newest and most environmentally friendly processes possible.
- Reducing our carbon footprint.
- Adopting a company culture of environmental responsibility and continuous improvement.
- Investing in changes in our manufacturing facilities.
- Developing strategic partnerships with sustainable suppliers.
- Creating products and manufacturing processes that meet green industry standards such as the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) standard.
Helping You Achieve LEED Certification
Our millwork can contribute to a variety of LEED credits including Recycled Content, Certified Wood, and Low-Emitting Materials. The Bamco Group also employs LEED-accredited professionals to assist in the LEED submission process as required.