Congratulations on purchasing a quality home that includes a custom Bamco Clean Air Kitchen®. Below are some tips on how to prepare for your meeting with a Bamco designer to create your new kitchen.
What to do ahead of time:
- Create an idea file. Take time to dream! Scroll through our gallery of photos, go looking on Pinterest, Better Homes & Gardens, or other places online, or flip through a magazine to get some ideas. Put all your ideas in a binder or file folder.
- Make your wish list. Spend an hour to write down what you love and hate about your current kitchen. Think about how you use your kitchen and what you’d like to be able to do in it. This will help the designer create a beautiful and functional space.
- Book a design appointment. If you are choosing your kitchen at the Bamco showroom in Guelph, Ontario, contact the Bamco designer indicated by your builder to book an appointment. You should plan to spend at least two hours with the designer.
- Gather any flooring, paint, or tile samples. This will help you choose cabinets and countertops with the designer.
- Measure the height, width and depth of your appliances or ask your appliance sales person for detailed specifications. Don’t print appliance specifications online; one different letter in an appliance code may change the model. Make sure you have the right measurements.
What to bring:
- Drawings you received from your builder. Though most times we have drawings for standard models on file or will have received a copy of your drawings prior to your visit, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Your idea file and wish list
- Your samples
- Appliance measurements
- A note pad and pen. You may have homework.